24/09/2012 17:28 pm
Question I: Choose one word that is pronounced differently from the others in each group.
Question II: Complete sentences using the correct form of the words in brackets.
Question III: Choose the best answer to complete the following sentenses.
1. There was hardly ……money left in my bank account.
a. more b. no c. some d. any
2. You are ….who noticed.
a. the single b. the only c. only one d. the only one
3. Their house is ….. near the Cathedral .
a. whereabouts b. anywhere c. somewhere d. anyplace
4. The reason I left is ….I was bored.
a. why b. that c. while d. for
5. I will go on holiday …..I can.
a. as soon as b. as c. until d. how
6. I am sorry I ……your party. I was away at the time.
a. lost b. failed c. told d. missed
7. We ….her a happy birthday.
a. wished b. said c. told d. wanted
8. Your room is a mess! ….it up at once.
a. Arrange b. Make c. Tidy d. Do
9. Could you ….me ten pounds until next payday?
a. let b. provide c. borrow d. lend
10. Bill has ….his job and gone back to college.
a. let off b. given up c. passed up d. withdawn
11. I wish to apply …..the post of surveyor with your company.
a. in b. for c. to d. with
12. I came ….a reference to Makonde carving when I was an artist.
a. across b. into c. over d. for
13. Does anyone know …..this hat might be?
a. who b. whom c. whose d. to whom
14. The old lady was …..exhausted after the long walk.
a. very b. absolutely c. pretty d. fairly
15. Nam’s brother does not work as a teacher, and she doesn’t …..
a. either b. neither c. so d. too
Question IV: A- Put one suitable word in the blanks.
A popular theory explaining the evolution ..1.. the universe is known as the Big Bang Model. According ..2.. the model, at some time between ten ...3.. twenty billion years ago, all present matter and energy were compressed into a small ball only a few kilometres in diameter. It was, in effect, an atom …4… contained in the form of pure energy all of the components of the entire universe. Then, at a moment …5..time that astronomers refer to as T = 0, the ball exploded, hurling the energy …6…space. Expansion occurred. As the energy cooled, most …7….it became matter in the form of protons, neutrons and ….8…. These original particles ….9…to form hydrogen and helium, and continue to expand. Matter formed into galaxies with stars and …10.
B/ Choose the best one.
1/ Which sentence below best summarises this passage?
2/ According to the passage , when was the universe formed?
3/ The environment before the Big Bang is described as all of the following except
4/ The word compressed could best be replaced by.
5/ It may be inferred that
A- Find the mistakes and correct them in these sentences.
1. His drawings are as perfect as his instructor.
2. Although my mother never eats desert, I prefer something sweet.
3. The price of oil used to be a great deal lower than now, wasn’t it?
4. John lived in New York since 1960 to 1975, but now he is living in Detroit.
5. We had better to review this chapter carefully because we will have some questions on it our test.
B- Make up sentences with the words given.
Question VI: Rewrite the following sentences and the meaning stays the same.
- Your hair .......
2. Are you against working on Sunday?
- Do you object .....
3. We looked for the letter everywhere but we didn’t find it.
- The letter was .....
4. When I arrived in China. I wrote a letter home.
- On ......
5. If you hadn’t helped him, he couldn’t have gained such maverllous result.
- But ........
6. If Nam arrived on time. We could start early.
- Were .......
7. I haven’t seen my old school friend for 2 years.
- The last ......
8. It’ll be necessary for her to give up her job soon.
- Soon she........
9. This event will always be remembered for the rest of our life.
- Never .......
10. It was my first visit to North America.
- I .........
>>>>> Luyện thi ĐH-THPT Quốc Gia 2016 bám sát cấu trúc Bộ GD&ĐT bởi các Thầy Cô uy tín, nổi tiếng đến từ các trung tâm Luyện thi ĐH hàng đầu Hà Nội, các Trường THPT Chuyên và Trường Đại học.